Wednesday 7 April 2010

A Mosvold welcome.

I returned to Mosvold bearing no chocolates (thanks baboons) but bringing my parents for a visit. Until we arrived I hadn't realised how important it was for me that they see where I have been living and understand some of what I have come to love about the area and the people. Arriving in the dark on the Sunday and seeing my house through their eyes I felt awful, convinced that they would think very little of Ingwavuma.
But these fears were blown away when I took them in to meet some of the nursing staff. They were greeted with such huge smiles and hugs that I can't imagine in any other place that I have worked. Most touchingly of all for me, they were sincerely thanked for all that they had done in raising me and allowing me to come to Mosvold.
I think that might be the first time anyone has thanked my parents for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment