Wednesday 14 October 2009

Thank you.

Wow. When I started this blog, it was with the idea of it being a record for me of my year in SA, and intermittent proof to my mum that I was still alive. But I'm finding that it is also incredibly beneficial to me as a form of dealing with some of the things that I'm seeing and doing (a form of 'therapy' to be all American about it) but also after last night's blog, I've discovered, a way of reaching out and saying 'help, I'm not doing ok'. I've been overwhelmed with the responses I've had since posting, from both family and friends as well as less expected sources of support. And I'm so grateful to everyone. They really do help.
I thought I should write a quick note today to say that I am ok, and I haven't booked my ticket home yet. Half a bottle of wine and an early night worked wonders and today was, by contrast, one of the more positive days here; even my chronically unwell deteriorating HIV/TB patient perked up enough to eat some fried chicken.
Life is full of good days and bad days, or more accurately good bits and bad bit of days. We can all only do what we can do to ride through those bad bits. And there's always sugary tea for the rest.

2 comments:

  1. SO happy to hear you're better today.

    Much luck with the rest of your week!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. god bless good humans so you dont worry

    ReplyDelete