Tuesday 20 October 2009

2 legs good, 8 legs scary.

And finally tonight a quick blog on our house's newest resident. Spid Vicious has taken up residence on the front porch, terrorising us on our journeys in and out the house. At only about an inch across he's by no means the biggest spider but he has scary black and yellow stripey legs and some sort of horns sprouting from his back. He looks pretty mean and I reckon he either is one of the dangerous ones, or he does a good impression.
So far we have attempted his removal through an act of God (a rainstorm) and an act of Thembe and a broom (love, love, love her). However, he is determined and can rebuild his giant web in just a few hours.
We may have to reach an uneasy compromise, or start using the back door.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahah- oh this just had me laughing out loud. Fantastic. I am glad you're getting to know the local wildlife on first name basis.

    Hope you and Spid can keep clear of each other's webs to avoid any unnecessary altercations.

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caroline
    I am ashamed that it has taken me so long to contact & to read your blog. I have read it in full this evening & found the experience very moving. I am amazed by your courage & ability to cope with so many harrowing experiences.
    With love
    Felicity

    ReplyDelete