Sunday 13 December 2009

Papa don't preach.

So, apparently there is a first time for literally anything. I was asked to preach in the chapel on Wednesday. Really. Admittedly it was just the venue for the start of the '16 days of activism against violence to women and children' (catchy title) and I was preaching on the doctor's role in domestic violence (evidence suggests that women who are being abused want to be asked whereas those who aren't don't mind). It was good to see so many people from different areas (nurses, social workers, local NGOs) coming together on such an important topic. If only it hadn't all been in Zulu... But I think I got the gist of it and even joined in on some of the raised fist shaking and shouting, which I think was "no more violence" but could equally have been something totally different.

No comments:

Post a Comment